Monday, May 11, 2009

Let me complain some more.

A lot of stuff is going nuts at work. It's been a pretty rough day.

Two of my kids were being used as part of a scheme to get foster care money. I had to move them out of a situation where they were doing pretty well, just not in accordance with Court orders.

I also have a family that's very angry with me over things that I can't control. They keep threatening to sue. When it turns into something like that, I've found that it's really hard to have empathy.

Some people have mentioned that they can't see themselves not hating the people I work with. I have to admit that it isn't always easy to not strongly dislike them. I just have to remember that they're powerless and they lack a lot of resources. So if they want to blow up at me from time to time, I just let them. But sometimes I have to set boundaries.

I dunno. A lot of the time it isn't about whether or not I still believe (I still do), and more about what I can actually accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment